No Love Lost for Love Handles: Liposuction for the Flanks
The flanks, or “love handles,” are an area of frustration and concern for many people. Fat cells can easily accumulate in the flanks over the years and then refuse to budge, resisting even the most stringent diet and exercise routines. For most people, there isn’t much to love about the love handles. Fortunately, liposuction offers a potentially ideal solution to this common problem.
If you are dissatisfied with the appearance of your body due to the presence of excess fat in the flanks, then Dr. James E. Murphy would welcome the opportunity to meet with you for a confidential, one-on-one consultation at his state-of-the-art plastic surgery practice. You and he can discuss your candidacy for liposuction for the flanks at his Reno, NV office and whether it is the best surgical option in your particular case. If so, you have the potential to emerge from treatment with smoother, slimmer body contours that better conform to your overall body type.
Are you interested in learning whether you could benefit from liposuction for the flanks? Please contact Murphy Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. James E. Murphy today.
What Is Liposuction for the Flanks?
Liposuction is a safe, time-tested procedure that entails the use of a suction device called a cannula to break up and remove isolated deposits of fat from the body - in this case, the flanks. Dr. Murphy is highly experienced in performing liposuction, so he is able to target the fat cells without disrupting nearby healthy tissues. Once the fat cells are removed, they will not return. After a suitable period of healing, patients end up with flank regions that are more proportional and flattering to the rest of their frames.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Liposuction for the Flanks?
Liposuction for the flanks is not well-suited to all patients. For some, extended abdominoplasty, more popularly known as “tummy tuck” surgery, may provide a preferable solution. Appropriate candidates for liposuction for the flanks should:
- Be at or near their ideal weight, as liposuction is not intended as a weight loss procedure, per se. Although several pounds’ worth of fat can be removed through liposuction, this is to achieve the cosmetic transformation of a targeted area.
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of the surgery, which Dr. Murphy helps to establish during the initial consultation.
- Be willing to maintain the results by leading a healthy post-operative lifestyle. Because the fat cells extracted via liposuction do not regrow, any further weight gain could leave the flanks looking lumpy and disfigured.
- Be able to follow all post-surgical instructions provided to them by Dr. Murphy to the absolute letter. This will help to ensure proper healing and the best possible long-term results.
- Be in good enough overall health to undergo a surgical procedure.
Learn More about Liposuction for the Flanks
If you would like to learn more about liposuction for the flanks, please contact Murphy Plastic Surgery today.