Is a Mommy Makeover Right for You?
Having a child is an incredible experience, but it can leave many women feeling insecure about their post-baby bodies. Fortunately, there are many treatments available to help women recapture their former physique. Body contouring treatments can smooth fatty trouble spots after childbirth, enhancing the tone and definition of the body. Body contouring may be combined with other body enhancing procedures for a total mommy makeover. During patient consultations, Dr. James E. Murphy identifies suitable mommy makeover candidates. Schedule a consultation at his Reno, NV practice to find out if a mommy makeover is right for you.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover involves multiple cosmetic surgical and non-surgical treatments to target trouble areas after pregnancy and breastfeeding. Mommy makeovers include any variety of treatments, including liposuction and breast lift surgery, allowing ease of customization and fantastic results.
Mommy Makeover Treatments
Every mommy makeover is unique to each patient's needs and may consist of any number of treatments. Some women may wish to improve the appearance of the breasts, others may wish to address loose abdominal skin, while others may wish to improve multiple areas. These treatments are just a handful of the most popular treatments available to address post-baby issues and restore confidence:
- Liposuction: Liposuction is highly effective at smoothing fatty trouble spots, and enhancing contours and definition. Liposuction may be used on many areas of the body, including the abdomen, thighs, and back, making it a great addition to any mommy makeover treatment plan.
- Breast augmentation: Breastfeeding and pregnancy can leave the breasts deflated. For patients who are unhappy with the appearance of their breasts after pregnancy or breastfeeding, breast augmentation may be a suitable treatment option. Breast augmentation can be used to restore volume to the breasts or increase cup size.
- Breast lift surgery: In addition to leaving the breast deflated, breastfeeding and pregnancy can cause the breasts to sag. Breast lift surgery is available to lift sagging breasts and restore the bust line. Breast lift surgery may be combined with breast augmentation for total rejuvenation of the breasts.
- Tummy tuck surgery: Many mothers lament the loss of their flat tummies after having children. Pregnancy can result in loose skin on the lower abdomen. Tummy tuck surgery can address loose abdominal skin to create a more sculpted, toned appearance.
- Non-surgical treatments: There are many non-surgical treatments, including SculpSure™, to reduce fatty deposits and improve the skin's firmness and texture. SculpSure™ treatment from Cynosure is a non-invasive treatment that targets fat cells with a hyperthermic laser, creating beautifully firm and smooth results.
Mommy Makeover Candidates
Mommy makeovers are highly customizable, making many women suitable candidates. Candidates for mommy makeovers include those who wish to restore the firmness and definition of their bodies after pregnancy and breastfeeding. Ideal candidates should be close to their ideal weight and free of major health issues, like high blood pressure and uncontrolled diabetes, and identify with one or more of the following:
- Don't plan on having more children
- Did not have a baby within the last six months
- No longer breastfeeding
- Have not breastfed for at least four months if planning to undergo breast surgery
- Unhappy with post-baby body
- Unable to get rid of fatty trouble spots with diet and exercise
- Unhappy with loose abdominal skin
- Unhappy with sagging, drooping, or deflated breasts
Is a Mommy Makeover Right for You?
To find out if a mommy makeover is right for you, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Murphy.