Paleo Weight Loss Diet – Reno and Lake Tahoe, Nevada
The Paleo Diet
The Paleo diet is basically a “hunter/gatherer’s” diet. It is the way we were intended to eat, as our Paleolithic ancestors ate. Civilization has made us stray from our original diet, leading to health problems and obesity. Our body is designed to run on lean proteins fruits and vegetables. The staples of today’s diet-cereals, dairy products, refined sugars, fatty meats, and salted, processed foods, clog our engines, make us fat, and cause disease and ill health.
Paleolithic people ate no dairy.
Paleolithic people hardly ever ate cereal grains. Grains were considered starvation food at best.
Paleolithic people didn’t salt their food.
The only refined sugar Paleolithic people ate was honey, if they were lucky enough to find it.
Wild, lean animal foods dominated Paleolithic diets, so their protein intake was quite high, and their carbohydrate consumption was much lower.
All carbohydrates came from non-starchy, wild fruits and vegetables, also having much higher fiber content.
Major fats in the Paleolithic diets were healthful, monounsaturated, polyunsaturated, and omega 3 fats. Not the saturated fats of the modern diet.
The ground rules are:
- All the lean meats, fish, and seafood you can eat.
2. All the fruits and non-starchy vegetables you can eat.
3. No cereals, grains, or beans.
4. No dairy products.
5. No processed foods.
The Basic Rules are:
- Eat within 45 minutes of waking each morning.
- Eat every 2 1/1 to 3 hours throughout the day. Keep the fire burning, and do not allow yourself to get to hungry.
- Eat slowly.
- Each meal should consist of a lean protein, a fruit and a vegetable.
- Avoid sugar, and high glycemic index fruits, such as bananas, tropical fruits, grapes, cherries.
- Avoid carbohydrates after 7pm. If you are hungry, eat lean protein instead.
- Avoid any soda, regular or diet, juices, and dried fruits.
- Drink a minimum of 100 ounces of water a day. Try a slice of lemon or cucumber in your water.
Our Weight Loss Plan Includes:
Initial consult with a history and physical with our Wellness and Diet Coordinator, Joelle, who is also an experienced Personal Trainer
Blood pressure check
Blood work- including chemistry panel, cholesterol and lipid panel
Scale weight to measure fat %, lean mass, and water weight
BMI (body mass index) measurement, current basal metabolic rate, and current daily caloric intake
Before and after measurements and photos
Weekly Weigh-In follow up appointments with Joelle, our Wellness Coordinator
First Vitamin B/fat buster shot is free and 8 weeks of appetite suppressants are included.
Additional Vitamin B complex/Fat Buster Shot $30
Appetite suppressants if needed after the 8 weeks $20 per week.