Diet Friendly Chilli…mmm!
With the freezing temperatures we’ve had this winter, a hot bowl of chilli is sure to warm you up. Plus it is loaded with protein and veggies!
- 100 grams (4 ounces) lean ground beef (less than 7% fat)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of oregano
- Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions: Brown ground beef in small frying pan, then add onions and garlic. Stir in tomatoes and water. Add spices and simmer slowly until liquid is reduced. The longer it cooks, the more tender and flavorful it will be. Add a little water as needed to prevent burning. Serve with chopped green onion or tomato garnish and add salt and pepper. Double or triple the recipe to feed the family or if you want leftovers.
Leave a Reply